1. Reading engages the mind of a person in way that other media outlets do not. Think of it this way: Reading is like a long conversation with the book’s author. All of the thoughts, illustrations, and stories are presented in such a way that it provokes us as a reader. We think up profound thoughts on a wide variety of subject from the simplicity of beauty to the depth of understanding the law of physics.
2. Reading provides clarity of the mind. It’s proven that writing is the most referenced form of communication. What is written in these books can easily be referred back to by highlighting and underlining passages that mean something to the reader. These words can later be looked up and examined. Sometimes these troubling thoughts find themselves explain later in the context of the larger work.
3. Reading is read at reader’s pace. Not everyone reads at the same pace. Those who are able to read at a faster pace will enjoy gaining information at this personal pace. Similarly, those who read slower are not hurried through their reading material.
4. Reading is an act of humility. When a reader submits to reading a non-fiction book for the sake of gaining this information on a concept, then the reader is admitting that he or she can gain from the perception of others. This is an act of humility.
5. Reading is practical. You can read anywhere. Reading is a good use of time whenever you are waiting for your next appointment or date to show up.